We agree to do our part in preventing bullying at Immanuel Christian School. We believe it is the equal right of everyone to enjoy our school and to have the confidence that it is a place where all will feel safe, secure, and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion, and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting and spitting, as well as name-calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, inappropriate sexual comments and excluding someone. Bullying causes fear, pain, and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as “kids being kids,” “just teasing” or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying.
As parents/guardians, we pledge to:
- Keep ourselves and our children informed and aware of No Bullying Policies and Procedures.
- Work in partnership with the school to encourage positive behavior, valuing differences, and promoting sensitivity to others.
- Talk with our children about their feelings about school work, friendships, and relationships.
- Inform faculty of changes in our children’s behavior or circumstances at home that may change a child’s behavior at school.
- Alert faculty if any incidents of bullying have occurred.
As a student, I pledge to:
- Learn about my school’s No Bullying Policies and Procedures.
- Show positive behavior and be sensitive to others.
- Talk to my parents about my feelings about school work, friendships, and classmates.
- Tell my parents or teachers if any bullying has occurred.
By signing below, we, the parents and student, agree to stand by the above pledges and to do our part in preventing bullying at Immanuel Christian School.