Student Pledge (Grades 1-6)
As a Christ-centered school, Immanuel Christian School desires that every school employee and student reflect a lifestyle pleasing to Jesus Christ. Because of this, who we are and what we do both on and off-campus is extremely important. Realizing that students are representatives of Immanuel Christian School and that the expectations of Biblical behavior are not limited to a specific time or location, expected conduct standards apply to students both in and out of school and whether on campus or away from campus. Thus, parents understand and agree that a student’s conduct away from campus and outside of school hours can result in disciplinary action. Since the testimony of our lives is so significant, students and parents are asked to read and sign an agreement containing the information below pertaining to student conduct at all times both on and off-campus.
- To God Almighty – I believe and depend on the gospel, which is the power of God, for salvation (Romans 1:16). I will seek to honor the Lord in all that I think, say, and do, and I will humbly submit to His commands (Deuteronomy 26:17). I recognize that my appearance and behavior reflect on God as much as on me and my earthly family (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- To my parents – I will attempt to honor my parents in everything I think, say, and do (Exodus 20:12). I will seek to learn all that I can from them (Ephesians 6:1-3). I acknowledge that I cannot receive what I need in life or pursue godliness without them (Psalm 78:1-8).
- To my church – I will submit to all the authorities in the church that God has placed over me (Titus 2:1-5). I will make worship, discipleship, and spiritual growth a priority in my life (Galatians 2:20). I will attempt to be an ambassador of Christ and His church wherever I am (Matthew 28:19-20).
- To my teachers – I will demonstrate respect, attentiveness, gratitude, and obedience to my teachers (Hebrews 13:1). I will seek to do all the work that I have been assigned with diligence, honesty, and integrity (Ephesians 5:8-17). I will do my utmost to learn and achieve as much as I possibly can (Philippians 2:3-7).
- To my classmates – I will honor and respect the time, work, and feelings of my fellow students (Rom. 12:9- 18). I will model honesty, integrity, kindness, and modesty in my relationships (Philippians 2:3-7). I will love others by confronting their sin (and receiving their correction) in a spirit of love and humility (Ephesians 4:15-16).
- I will strive for excellence as a student in all that I say and do.
- I will obey Biblical principles with regard to speech and conduct.
- I will show respect and cooperate with those in authority at Immanuel Christian School. I will listen and obey school authority (i.e. teachers, staff, and administrators). I understand that defiance or insubordination will not be tolerated.
- I will not use or possess alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products especially before the legal age specified by the country in which I live.
- I understand that Immanuel Christian School Administration can search any of my personal belongings at any time and for any reason. ICS is within its rights to request me to submit to a drug and/or alcohol test at my expense. Failure to comply with any of these requests may result in immediate dismissal from ICS (1 Peter 2:13).
- I will avoid cursing, dissension, and cheating. (Specific acts and attitudes that Immanuel Christian School will not accept or tolerate are cited in Galatians 5:19-21.)
- I will avoid engaging in or promoting a dishonoring lifestyle because my body is a temple (1 Corinthians 6:18-20).
- I will dress in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Immanuel Christian School dress code policy.
- I will comply with the discipline policy of Immanuel Christian School.
- I will use appropriate, non-violent means to resolve conflict and I will keep my hands off other students. I understand that any form of aggressive behavior, such as bullying, insults, threats, inappropriate teasing, and harassment are demeaning to others, disruptive to the educational environment and will not be tolerated.
- I will strive to complete all assignments on time and to the best of my ability and will demonstrate academic integrity in all assignments and course work.
- I will engage in conversation which is appropriate and honoring to God. Profanity, inappropriate joking/language, or innuendoes are not acceptable.
- I will respect the personal property of others by leaving the property alone. I understand that destroying, damaging, tampering with, or stealing another’s property or anything belonging to Immanuel Christian School will not be tolerated.
- I will view other students as brothers and sisters in Christ and will not engage in any actions that compromise the safety of anyone or of Immanuel Christian School.
- I will ensure that my posts on my Facebook and/or other social networking sites will bring honor to Immanuel Christian School and to God (Philippians 4:8). I understand that postings are now used by college admissions officers and employers when making decisions. I understand that ICS administration may, at any time, ask me to sign on to any of my networking sites to view what I have posted.
- I will not view or distribute inappropriate material via email, texts, or picture messages. I understand that ICS administration may, at any time, ask to see what I am viewing or have posted on any of my electronic devices because my ICS family is concerned for my spiritual well-being and that a good name is better than great riches (Proverbs 22:1).
- I understand that once I enroll at Immanuel Christian School I am part of the ICS family. Therefore, I agree to avoid behavior, both on and off-campus, that would dishonor Jesus Christ, Immanuel Christian School, and its families, the church, my family, and me. Exhibiting dishonorable behavior could result in disciplinary action as grave as expulsion.
Attendance at Immanuel Christian School is a privilege and with all privileges come certain responsibilities. Therefore, students will agree to uphold each of the above statements before enrolling in Immanuel Christian School. Parents and students agree that any violation of the above, or other policies set forth herein, may result in discipline up to and including suspension or expulsion.