Details for 2021/2022
May 4, 2021
Hi Warrior Families,
This school year is coming to a close quickly. Before we know it, the 2021-2022 school year will be upon us. Our plan for next year is to reopen the school to ICS students and families, in the safest manner possible. This would include reintegrating student activities (sports, arts, clubs, student leadership, etc.), providing student recognition on campus (Student of the Month, etc.), and parent volunteers (SALT, etc.).
Please review the following details for the 2021-2022 school year:
- We will offer both on-campus learning and online learning, although our goal is to have all of our students back on campus. At some point soon, you will be asked to make a choice as to these options and you will not have the option to change during the school year.
- We plan to continue with the same traffic pattern for both drop-offs in the morning and pick-up in the afternoon.
- We will continue with current sanitation methods to prevent and mitigate the spread of Covid. This includes having an additional custodian during the school day as well as using the UV Disinfecting Machine during the evening.
- If the Texas Department of Emergency Management allows, we will continue providing Rapid Covid testing for our staff members and students.
- We will continue to follow CDC guidelines when it comes to social distancing (3 feet).
This year, we used guidelines from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as a baseline for our Covid policies for prevention and sanitation practices, including wearing masks, social distancing, and handwashing practices. We made the decision to finish out the year with masks and have told families as they register, that we will continue these policies, until further notice.
However, guidelines have become less strict as Covid numbers have decreased and more people have become vaccinated. As we plan for next year, we would like your input before we set guidelines for next year. Please be on the lookout for a survey later this week and take time to fill out this important information, your input is valuable.
We are here to partner with you in the education of your children, and we thank you for this incredible opportunity and privilege.
All for God’s Glory,
John R Davis
Immanuel Christian School
Head of School
More in Blog
May 4, 2021Details for 2021/2022
March 29, 2021On-Campus Learning vs. Virtual
March 23, 2021Why enroll and keep your children at Immanuel Christian School